9/13/2008 09:26:00 AM | Posted by Cooking Confections | | Edit Post
September 14th is the day of our church Bake Sale to benefit Rancho Maranatha Mission in Mexico. My wonderful friends, Kirsten and Kari, who are the brainchildren of Cooks for Christ is hosting the Bake Sale. Did someone say Bake Sale - wow! I must make some Derby Pies. They are always big sellers. So folks, below is the recipe which is always a favorite with friends and family. Whenever I make them, I make two and put one in the freezer for those times when you need a pie quickly. If you freeze one, take it out about an hour or so before you need it and thaw. Right before serving, put it in the oven on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes to heat.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter (no substitute) melted and cooled
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (or use extra vanilla)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (I use Mrs. Smith's deep dish pie shells)
PS If I could only take photos like my daughter, Claire, I would be in good shape here.
- Cooking Confections
- Mother/Step-Mother of 5 (Blended family), Grandmother of 9 precious grandchildren - 7 stateside and 2 in London. Cooking is my passion and stress release, Lived in the Charleston, SC area all my life, love to travel to England and Italy.
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.