8/29/2008 11:34:00 AM | Posted by Cooking Confections | | Edit Post
Wow! What a night! Barack has been my main man since the Democratic Convention in 2004 and last night, he proved he IS presidential. Barack and Biden are the ticket to take this great country of ours forward.
As for the boating, some dear friends of ours have a boat (no, dah!) and have included us in a day sail tomorrow. We are so looking forward to going and being on the waterway... nothing prettier than the Intracoastal Waterway in Charleston - a sense of freedom and beauty!
Oh and the brownies... I asked what could I bring and they wanted the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Mousse Brownies. Of course, I am happy to oblige. The recipe follows below.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE BROWNIES
- 1 Stick Butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 2/3 cups of sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts (if desired)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Heat butter and chocolate chips in a 3 quart mixing bowl. I do this in microwave. Stir until blended. (Cool slightly) Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well. Do not over mix.
Pour into prepared pan.
Prepare mousse topping. Heat cream and chocolate chips in microwave and stir until slightly cool. Beat in remaining ingredients until foamy.
Pour mousse topping over brownie batter. Bake 45 minutes; cool 2 hours before cutting.
Cut into 2 inch squares.
Have a Safe and Happy Labor Day Weekend - let us all pause to remember why we are celebrating this holiday here in the USA.
- Cooking Confections
- Mother/Step-Mother of 5 (Blended family), Grandmother of 9 precious grandchildren - 7 stateside and 2 in London. Cooking is my passion and stress release, Lived in the Charleston, SC area all my life, love to travel to England and Italy.
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.