12/08/2010 03:50:00 PM | Posted by Cooking Confections | | Edit Post
IT IS THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR
I recently came across this recipe and knew I had to make it right then and there. So easy, so pretty and so delicious!
Perfect for parties, friends, co-workers - you name it 'cause everybody loves it.
CANDY CANE CHOCOLATE FUDGE
- 4 cups chocolate chips (2 12 oz. pkgs.)
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2/3 cup crushed candy canes (takes about 8)
Line two 8-inch square baking pans with parchment paper or nonstick foil, leaving an overhang on 2 sides. (Don't try to put all in one pan- will break up when you remove).
In a saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the butter, vanilla and salt and stir until the butter has melted.
Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pans and sprinkle with the candy canes, gently pressing them into top of the fudge.
Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours and up to 2 weeks. (right - sure it will last 2 weeks - hee, hee) Using the overhangs, transfer the fudge to a cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares.
Makes about 128 squares.
I used Wilton's bon bon papers to place them in. You can put them in long jewelry boxes and tie with a red ribbon for a gift. They are definitely worth the $ and no effort to make.
- Cooking Confections
- Mother/Step-Mother of 5 (Blended family), Grandmother of 9 precious grandchildren - 7 stateside and 2 in London. Cooking is my passion and stress release, Lived in the Charleston, SC area all my life, love to travel to England and Italy.
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.